- 1 sachet (10g) gelatine
- ¼ cup (60ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- ½ cup (125ml) castor sugar
- 1 tub (250ml) PnP cream
- 2 tubs (250ml each) PnP extra-thick cream
- 1 packet (60g) PnP raspberry jelly
- 1 punnet (100g) each raspberries and blueberries
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries
- 2 tubs (500g each) PnP fresh vanilla custard
- 1 PnP Bakery Swiss roll, cut into chunks
- Berry liqueur or medium-cream sherry
- 1 tub (250ml) PnP extra-thick cream
- 1 packet PnP Bakery meringues, crumbled
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water.
- Heat milk and vanilla pod in a small saucepan to just below boiling point.
- Add sugar and gelatine mixture, remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Stir through regular and extra-thick cream. Strain mixture through a sieve into a large trifle bowl. Leave to set.
- Make jelly according to packet instructions. Cool until just set.
- Stir berries into jelly and carefully pour mixture over set panna cotta. Allow to set completely.
- Spoon custard over mixture, dot with slices of Swiss roll and drizzle with liqueur.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form and fold through meringues.
- Top trifle with meringue mixture and serve.