More than 1 hour
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (250ml) Sweetly baking sugar (non-nutritive sweetener)
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- ½ tsp (3ml) each orange essence and ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp (5ml) white vinegar
- 2 tsp (10ml) corn flour
- About 1 cup (250ml) LANCEWOOD® No Sugar Added Low Fat Blackberry & Cherry Yoghurt
- Handful fresh raspberries and blackberries and mint, for serving
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Whisk egg whites until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Combine sugar substitute, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using).
- Add 1 Tbsp (15ml) spiced sugar at a time to egg mixture, whisking for about 3-5 minutes to dissolve sugar before adding the next spoon. Once all sugar is added, the meringue should be glossy and thick with a smooth texture.
- Add vanilla, orange essence, vinegar and cornflour and whisk until combined.
- Spoon generous dollops of meringue mixture on a lined baking tray, creating 10-12cm wide by 2-3cm high “nests”. Use the back of the spoon to create an indent in the centre.
- Bake meringues for 1 hour.
- Switch off oven and let meringues cool inside for at least another hour. (Do not open the oven door.)
- Place cooled meringues on a serving platter and fill each centre with yoghurt. (lf not serving immediately, store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
- Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves.