Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 300g PnP Livewell wholewheat penne or regular penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter (optional)
- 4 cups (500g) frozen peas
- 1 packet (300g) baby spinach
- 1 tub (200g) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (250ml) hot vegetable stock (or reserved pasta water)
- Handful each fresh mint and dill + extra for serving
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and milled pepper
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, for serving (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook pasta for 8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Drain, reserving a cup of pasta water.
- Rinse pasta under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan and sauté peas and spinach.
- Add stock, herbs, lemon juice and ¾ ricotta cheese.
- Blitz to make a pesto-like sauce.
- Toss pasta through sauce and serve topped with remaining ricotta and toasted pumpkin seeds, if you like.