More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2 tsp (10ml) butter, melted
- Castor sugar, for dusting
- 4 tsp (20g) cake flour
- ⅔ cup (160g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup (160ml) cream
- 1 cup (250ml) hot milk
- 1 can (400g) peach halves, drained
- 1 can (425g) pitted black cherries, drained
- Icing sugar, mint and whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Brush a 25cm ovenproof dish with butter and dust with castor sugar.
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and cream together to combine.
- Gradually add milk to egg mixture.
- Slowly whisk into flour mixture until smooth.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish.
- Pat canned fruit dry and arrange in custard.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until set and golden on top.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve hot with mint and cream or ice cream, if you prefer.