Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 box (500g) vanilla cake mix
- 1 can (410g) pear halves
- 1 slab (80g) white chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup (80g) sugar
- ⅓ cup (80g) butter
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
Nice to have:
- 1 packet (100g) almond flakes
- 1 cup (250ml) cream, whipped + extra for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 1.5L capacity baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix according to packet instructions.
- Drain pear halves and slice into quarters.
- Spoon half the batter into the baking dish.
- Scatter over pear and chocolate.
- Pour over remaining batter and sprinkle with almonds, if using.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of the pudding comes out clean. (Cover with foil if the top browns too quickly.)
- Heat sugar, butter and cream together until sugar has melted. Pour over hot pudding.
- Stand for 15 minutes and serve with almond flakes and a dollop of cream, if you like.