Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tubs (250g each) chicken livers, cleaned
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) paprika
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) thyme leaves + extra for serving
- 1 packet (500g) farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry chicken livers until golden on all sides.
- Season and remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil and fry onion and garlic until softened.
- Stir in chilli, tomato paste and paprika and fry for 4 minutes until fragrant.
- Add cream and stir until bubbling.
- Sprinkle with thyme leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Return livers to sauce and heat through.
- Toss pasta into peri-peri sauce.
- Season and sprinkle with extra thyme.
- Serve immediately.