30 minutes (plus chilling time)
Makes about 15 slices
- 1 cup (250g) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 2 tsp (10ml) almond essence
- 3 tubs (250g each) plain cream cheese
- 5 slabs (80g each) white chocolate, melted
- 14 sheets (300g packet) matzo
- 1 packet (100g) flaked almonds, toasted
- ½ cup (50g) desiccated coconut
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in almond essence and pour into a shallow tray. Set aside.
- Whisk cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate and set aside.
- Dip each matzo into almond syrup and spread with chocolate mixture.
- Layer matzos on a separate tray to make a stack.
- Spread top sheet with chocolate and sprinkle with almonds and coconut.
- Refrigerate overnight to soften.
- Slice and serve.