Less than 1 hour
- ⅓ cup (80ml) oat milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground flaxseeds
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) coconut oil
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125ml) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (3ml) fine salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) choc chips
- 1 cup (130g) icing sugar, sifted, for dusting
- Combine milk and flaxseed powder, stir to combine and set aside to thicken slightly.
- Combine oil, sugar and vanilla with milk mixture.
- Sift together dry ingredients, then fold in wet mixture.
- Shape into 18 balls.
- Chill in the fridge until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll cookies in icing sugar and place on trays 5cm apart (they will melt and flatten in the oven).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool in trays until hardened, then cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to a week.