Share with friends
- 12 plums, halved and pitted (nectarines, peaches, pears, apples work well too)
- 3 apples, cored and cubed into 2-3 cm blocks
- 1-2 star anise
- 1 quill cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (128g) plain granola
- ¾ cup (113g) cake flour
- ¾ cup (150g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (80g) butter, cold and grated
- Ice cream, cream, or custard, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place filling ingredients in a large pan.
- Simmer for 5-8 minutes until compote has formed. The mixture should be sticky and the plums slightly broken down. (If you prefer firm fruit, use a low heat, as it will continue softening in the oven too.)
- Spoon into a baking dish, discard the star anise.
- Rub topping ingredients together with your finger tips.
- Sprinkle over filling and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden-brown and crispy.
- Serve warm with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, cream or custard.