Less than 45 minutes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) paprika
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tomato paste
- ¾ cup (180ml) sherry
- 1 packet (450g) half-shell mussels
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ¼ cup (60ml) parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup (80g) butter
- 1 baguette, make 1cm-thick slits in loaf
- Stir garlic, chillies, paprika, tomato paste and sherry together.
- Add mussels and toss to coat. Season.
- Braai mussels shell-side down over hot coals for 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Simmer remaining sauce in a pot for a few minutes.
- For the garlic bread, stir garlic, parsley and butter together.
- Spread flavoured butter between bread slices.
- Wrap in foil and braai over coals for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and toast for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve mussels with garlic bread and sauce.