Less than 45 minutes
- 400g prawns, cleaned, blanched and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Juice (120ml) and grated peel of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 large cucumbers, shaved into ribbons
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sesame seeds, toasted wasabi and pickled ginger, for serving (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except cucumber and sesame seeds. Season.
- Marinate for 15 minutes and drain to remove excess liquid.
- Roll cucumber ribbons into cylinders and fill with prawn mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with pickled ginger and wasabi on the side.