Under 30 minutes
Serves 8 (as a side)
- 1 packet (700g) Vannamei prawns, defrosted
- Glug olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber
- ½ packet (500g) carrots, peeled
- 1 packet (200g) mangetout peas
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 packet (100g) mung bean sprouts (optional)
- ¼ punnet (5g) each fresh mint, basil and coriander
Nuoc cham dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) fish sauce
- Juice (60ml) of 2 limes (or 1 lemon)
- Devein prawns and remove shells, leaving tail part intact.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat, add prawns and garlic. Season.
- Fry prawns for 4-6 minutes until bright pink, taking care not to overcook as they will become dry.
- Remove from heat, drizzle with lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- Cut cucumber, carrots and mangetout into matchsticks.
- Toss veg with red onion, mung bean sprouts and herbs in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Add cooled prawns to salad and drizzle with dressing (or serve it on the side).