Less than 45 minutes
- ½ cup (125ml) butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- ¼ punnet (5g) parsley, chopped + extra for serving
- 3 red or green chillies, chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and milled pepper
- 800g prawns, cleaned, deveined and butterflied
- 2 PnP garlic breads, braaied, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Prepare medium-hot coals (you should be able to hold your hand over the coals for 3-4 seconds only).
- Combine butter, lemon juice, parsley, chilli and cayenne pepper.
- Season prawns well and braai for about 8-10 minutes, basting with chilli butter as you cook. (Prawns should turn bright pink on the outside as the flesh turns white.)
- Serve prawns on a platter immediately, with crusty garlic bread on the side.