Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed
- 1 punnet each (20g) parsley and basil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- ²/³ cup (160ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ²/³ packet (65g) blanched almonds, toasted
- ½ cup (125ml) grated parmesan cheese (optional) + extra for serving
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (500g) pasta of your choice, cooked (reserve some of the cooking liquid)
- 1 large red chilli, chopped
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Blanch kale in boiling water until wilted.
- Squeeze well to remove excess water.
- Blitz kale and remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Toss pasta with pesto until well coated (add a splash of reserved cooking liquid if it becomes too dry).
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with extra parmesan (if using), chilli and basil leaves just before serving.