Less than 30 minutes
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 5cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp (10ml) chilli flakes
- 1 tsp (5ml) smoked paprika
- ½ cup (40g) bread crumbs or panko crumbs
- 1 tsp (5ml) each white and black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45ml) Thai-style herby pesto (click here for full recipe)
- 1 packet (200g) egg noodles, cooked to packet instructions
- Combine topping ingredients.
- Fry over medium heat for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden (tossing as you go to prevent the mixture from burning). Set aside.
- Bring stock to a simmer in a pot over medium heat.
- Add pesto and stir to combine.
- Serve broth hot with egg noodles and a generous sprinkle of crunchy ginger topping.