More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1.5kg beef goulash (or cubed beef brisket works well too)
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 large sachet (100g) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 2 cans (400g each) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 300g tagliatelle, cooked according to packet instructions
- Parmesan cheese and roasted vine tomatoes, for serving
- Season meat and heat half the oil in a pot.
- Brown meat in batches. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pot.
- Sauté onions until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, rosemary and thyme and fry for a minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook for another minute or until sticky.
- Add wine to deglaze pot, then stir in tomatoes and stock.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 1½-2 hours until meat is soft, stirring regularly.
- Shred meat with two forks – it should flake easily – and stir to combine with gravy.
- Serve on a bed of tagliatelle and top with parmesan shavings and roasted tomatoes.