More than 1 hour
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 16 baby beetroots, rinsed and peeled
- ½ cup (125ml) beef or vegetable stock
- 10 sprigs thyme + extra to garnish
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- Pomegranate rubies, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, olive oil and seasoning, then toss with beetroot.
- Pour stock into an ovenproof dish, tip in beetroots and cover with foil.
- Roast for about 40 minutes.
- Add thyme and onions and roast for 15 minutes more or until tender.
- Uncover and roast for another 15 minutes at 200°C.
- Serve scattered with pomegranate rubies and garnished with extra thyme sprigs.