Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 packet (500g) cocktail tomatoes
- 2 brinjals (about 540g), sliced lengthways
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) canola oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 knob butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) brown sugar
- 1 roll (400g) puff pastry, defrosted
- Fresh rocket, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place tomatoes, brinjals and garlic on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp (30ml) oil and season.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in a pan and fry onions for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Add sugar and cook onions for 4-6 minutes until caramelised.
- Roll pastry out onto a floured surface into a 5mm-thick rectangle.
- Score a 2cm border along edges of pastry.
- Top pastry with tomatoes, brinjals and onion and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Serve scattered with fresh rocket.