Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2 packets (500g each) PnP roasting vegetables
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) garam masala
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 cans (400g each) PnP lentils, drained and rinsed
- Handful chopped coriander
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4cm knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) each ground turmeric, cardamom and cumin
- ¼ cup (60ml) chutney
- 1 cup (250ml) chickpea (chana) flour
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tomato paste
- ⅓ cup (80ml) sunflower seeds
- 4 bay leaves or curry leaves
- Chopped chilli, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Toss vegetables in half the oil and half the masala.
- Season and place on a roasting tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until just tender.
- Tip vegetables into a 20-30cm ovenproof dish or 4 small serving bowls and stir through lentils and coriander.
- Add remaining oil and onion and sauté until soft, then add ginger and garlic and cook through.
- Add spices and fry for another minute.
- Mix chutney, flour, coconut milk, water and tomato paste in a jug.
- Pour mixture over vegetables and lentils.
- Scatter over sunflower seeds and tuck in bay or curry leaves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Garnish with chilli just before serving.