More than 1 hour
Makes 16 squares
- 3 cups (500g) milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (385g) condensed milk
- ¼ cup (60g) butter
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- ½ cup (70g) salted peanuts + extra for sprinkling
- ½ cup (60g) pecan nuts, lightly crushed
- 1 cup (60g) pretzels
- 1 cup (50g) mini marshmallows + extra for sprinkling
- Grease and line a 18cm square baking tray.
- Combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring continuously until the mixture pulls away slightly from the sides of the saucepan.
- Remove from heat and fold in vanilla essence, salted peanuts, pecan nuts and pretzels.
- Cool slightly before adding marshmallows.
- Spoon into the prepared tray and smooth out the surface.
- Sprinkle with extra marshmallows and nuts, if you like.
- Set at room temperature until firm, or in the fridge for 1-2 hours, before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week or in the fridge for 3 weeks.