- 2 mielies
- 1 punnet (20g each) fresh Italian parsley and coriander, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, whole bruised
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried chilli flakes
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil, + extra for steak
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30g) butter
- 1-2 (300-500g each) rump steaks
- Char mielies over an open flame (or on the braai).
- Cut kernels off cob and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Season and set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron or heavy-bottomed pan over high heat until smoking hot.
- Add a glug of oil, butter and bruised garlic cloves to pan.
- Sear steak 4-5 minutes per side (for medium-rare).
- Rest steak for 10-12 minutes before slicing and serving with chimichurri.