Less than 1 hour
Makes 1 quiche
- 1 roll (400g) puff pastry
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 4 leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- 150g smoked salmon offcuts, coarsely flaked
- 2 discs (80g) feta, crumbled
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) coarsely chopped dill
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch (200g) thin asparagus, cut into 5cm lengths with woody ends trimmed
- Microgreens and chopped spring onion, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a 36x13cm quiche tin with baking paper.
- Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface and lightly press into quiche tin.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leeks soften and brown slightly. Season.
- Spoon leeks over pastry. Top with salmon and feta.
- Whisk eggs and cream together and add dill and lemon peel. Season.
- Pour over salmon mixture and arrange asparagus on top of tart.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set.
- Serve with micro greens and spring onion.