- 3 (500-600g) salmon fillets, skin on
- Salt and milled pepper
- Canola oil, for deep-frying
- Micro herbs, for serving
- ¼ cup (60ml) ponzu sauce (citrus soy)
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) mirin (rice wine)
- 1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) chilli oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey
- 1-2cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Korean gochujang paste (fermented chilli paste)
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- Handful fresh coriander
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- Remove skin from fish (start by pulling up the skin on the corner of the tail and sliding a sharp knife in at a 45° angle).
- Pat skin dry between two pieces of paper towel. Set aside.
- Cut salmon into 1-2cm cubes.
- Combine marinade ingredients, add salmon and season.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 30-40 minutes, then bring to room temperature.
- Heat oil in a pot and deep-fry salmon skin until crispy, about 5-8 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Combine avo purée ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Season.
- Spoon purée onto plates and top with 2-3 Tbsp salmon tartare.
- Serve garnished with crispy skins and micro herbs.