Less than 45 minutes
Pico de gallo:
- 6 medium ripe salad tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh lime juice or 2 Tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1-2 red chillies, seeds scraped and finely chopped
- 2kg rump steak
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) each salt and milled pepper
- For pico de gallo, toss all ingredients together. Set aside to develop flavour.
- Rub steak with salt and milled pepper and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Braai over hot coals until medium-rare (12-15 minutes for every 2½cm thickness, as a rough guide).
- Remove from heat and rest meat for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve topped with pico de gallo.