Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 4cm knob ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 punnet (200g) shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed and sliced
- 2 heads baby cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) cornflour
- Glug vegetable oil
- 1 packet (100g) cashew nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) five-spice powder
- Salt and milled pepper
- Handful fresh coriander
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
- Place lettuce cups in iced water to crisp up.
- Coat ginger, onion, peppers, mushrooms, cabbage and carrots in cornflour.
- Heat oil in a large pan and stir-fry veg and cashews for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until vegetables start to soften.
- Add soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and five-spice powder and cook for another minute.
- Season well.
- Drain lettuce and arrange on a serving platter.
- Fill lettuce cups with stir-fry and garnish with coriander, spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli (if using) just before serving.