Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- Glug olive oil
- 1 packet (about 500g) PnP pork sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tomato paste
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine (optional)
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked (dried works well too)
- 2 cans (400g each) chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch kale, stalks and ribs removed
- Salt and milled pepper
- Basil leaves, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown sausages all over.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté until soft.
- Tip onion and garlic mixture into a casserole dish and stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, wine (if using), thyme, chickpeas and kale. Season.
- Nestle sausages in mixture and bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve scattered with basil, if using.