More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 400g savoury wheat biscuits (we used Wheatsworth)
- ¼ cup (60ml) parmesan, finely grated
- ½ cup (125ml) butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 4 large leeks, washed well and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp (30ml) finely chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 tubs (230g each) full-fat cream cheese
- ⅗ cup (150ml) sour cream
- ½ cup (75g) cake flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) chopped chives
- Finely grated peel of 1 lemon
- 200g hot smoked salmon fillet, skin and bones removed, flaked into chunks
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely shaved
- 1 packet (80g) smoked salmon ribbons
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blitz biscuits to a fine crumb, add parmesan and stir through melted butter to combine.
- Measure out half the crumb mixture and sprinkle evenly over the base of a greased 20cm loose spring form pan.
- Using the flat base of a measuring cup, press the crumb mixture down to form an even 1-1½cm thin base.
- Use remaining crumb mixture to build up the sides of the pan until completely covered.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté leeks and half the thyme until softened. Season and cool.
- Reduce oven to 150°C.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, leeks and flour together until smooth.
- Add egg, chives, lemon peel and flaked salmon and mix well to combine.
- Scoop into the cooled base, smooth out the top and bake for 50-55 minutes, until set but slightly wobbly in the centre. Remove and cool completely.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave fennel into thin strips and place in ice water until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with scattered fennel shavings, smoked salmon ribbons, a drizzle of olive oil and a few lemon wedges.