Less than 1 hour
Brandy snap discs:
- ⅓ cup (50g) butter
- ½ cup (125ml) light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) golden syrup or honey
- ½ cup (125ml) cake flour
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 boxes (550g each) chocolate brownie premix
- 2 handfuls fresh berries
- 1 batch brandy snap discs
- Spun sugar to top (click here for steps)
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 6 Tbsp (90ml) butter
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- Sea salt flakes, to taste
- 2 cups (450g) full fat cream cheese (medium fat works too)
- 2 cups (500ml) cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- For the brandy snap discs, combine butter, sugar and golden syrup or honey if using in a saucepan.
- Heat for 5-6 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Cool for 5 minutes and stir in flour and ground ginger until smooth.
- Thinly spread mixture on a lined baking tray (allow room for expansion) and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a cookie cutter to cut out discs (work quickly before they set).
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container until needed.
- Bake brownies according to packet instructions.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
- For the carmel combine sugar and water and heat gently until sugar dissolves completely.
- Boil, without stirring, until large bubbles appear and the colour changes to amber – this can take 10-15 minutes but it changes suddenly, so watch it closely!
- Add butter and whisk vigorously.
- Remove from heat, add cream and whisk until smooth before adding salt flakes and cool completely.
- For the mousse whisk cream cheese and 1 cup cooled caramel together until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Place a layer of brownies in a large glass bowl.
- Top with caramel mousse, then berries.
- Repeat for a second or even third layer and top with brandy snaps for crunch.
- Drizzle with leftover caramel and top with spun sugar.