Less than 45 minutes (chills for 2hours)
Share with friends
- 1 roll (400g) shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- Flour, for dusting
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 1½ cups (375ml) cream
- 3 slabs (150g each) dark chocolate, chopped
- Mixed nuts and/or cocoa powder, for garnishing
- Ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Roll pastry out on a floured surface to about 4mm thick.
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin with pastry, pricking the base with a fork.
- Blind bake (filled with rice/beans and baking paper) for 15 minutes.
- Remove the rice/beans and paper and return to the oven to bake completely until golden – about 10 minutes.
- Cool tart shell completely.
- Heat sugar and cream in a saucepan until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate ganache into tart shell and even out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for up to two hours.
- Serve topped with chopped nuts or a dusting of cocoa powder, and with whipped cream or ice cream.