Less than 45 minutes
- Glug olive oil
- 8 baby onions, quartered
- ½ coil (100g) chorizo, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp (10ml) paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 bag (1kg) baby potatoes
- 4 mielies, cut into chunks
- 2 bottles (330ml each) Weiss beer
- 1 packet (450g) frozen hake medallions, defrosted
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Crusty bread
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and fry onions and chorizo until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients (except fish), cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add fish and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Scatter over parsley and serve with bread and lemon wedges on the side.