Less than 45 minutes
- 4 large aubergines
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- ⅓ cup (80ml) soy sauce
- ⅓ cup (80ml) honey or vegan honey
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) PnP crushed garlic, ginger and chili
- Grated peel of ½ lemon
- 1 packet (250g) wholewheat noodles, cooked
- 2 punnets (125g each) sugar snap peas, blanched
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Handful sesame seeds
- Sliced chilli and basil, for serving (optional)
- Cut each aubergine into 4-6 large wedges and place on an oven tray to prepare.
- Season and toss in oil, then cook over medium coals for 20-25 minutes (turning every 8-10 minutes).
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic & chilli and lemon together in a saucepan to make basting sauce.
- Simmer over coals for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Baste brinjals generously with soy basting and return to braai.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes, basting 2-3 times while cooking.
- Toss noodles with sugar snap peas, spring onion and sesame seeds.
- Top noodles with brinjal wedges.
- Serve garnished with chilli and basil.