More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 1 (800g-1kg) spatchcock chicken
- Salt and milled pepper
- Knob soft butter
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground turmeric
- 2 tsp (10ml) each ground coriander and ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5ml) black mustard seeds
- 5cm knob fresh turmeric, finely grated (optional)
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 12 baby potatoes, halved
- 3 red onions, quartered
- 1 packet (200g) fine green beans
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place chicken in a deep roasting pan. Season well and rub skin with butter.
- Combine ground spices, mustard seeds, fresh turmeric (if using), coconut milk and lemon juice and pour around chicken.
- Dot potatoes and onions around chicken.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and skin is golden brown.
- Add beans and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve hot out of the oven with rice to mop up turmeric gravy.