- 1 Tbsp (15ml) curry powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon (or bottled lemon juice)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (500g) PnP roasting vegetables
- 1 packet (400g) puff pastry, defrosted
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, whisked for brushing
- ½ cucumber, seeded and grated
- ½ cup (125ml) plain yoghurt
- Small handful fresh mint, chopped
- Mix curry powder, cumin seeds, lemon juice and peel, garlic and olive oil in a bowl. Season.
- Coat vegetables with spice mixture and arrange in an even layer on an oven tray.
- Roast at 180°C for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
- Lightly mash vegetables using a fork, making sure you incorporate any pan juices.
- Roll pastry out to 4mm thick on a lightly floured surface and cut into four equal squares.
- Place about 1-2 Tbsp (15-30ml) spicy vegetable filling in the centre of each square.
- Brush pastry edges with egg and fold to enclose the filling.
- Seal edges with a fork and make a small slit on top of each pie (for steam to escape while baking).
- Brush each pie all over with egg and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Mix raita ingredients and transfer to dipping bowls.
- Serve hot foldovers with raita.