More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2kg baby back pork ribs
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups (750ml) beef stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) treacle sugar
- ½ can (200g) tomato purée
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground coriander
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) shredded green and red cabbage
- 1 bulb baby fennel, shredded (optional)
- Handful each chopped fresh coriander and basil
- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 packet (120g) sugar snap peas, blanched
- Fresh coriander and micro herbs, for serving
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place ribs in a baking dish and season.
- Combine remaining rib ingredients in a bowl and generously coat with sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove and strain sauce into a pot.
- Bring sauce to the boil and cook until thickened (it should resemble a glaze).
- Brush ribs with glaze and grill in the oven or over a hot fire for about 10-15 minutes or until sticky.
- Combine slaw ingredients.
- Garnish ribs with herbs and serve with slaw on the side.