Less than 45 minutes
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) honey
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) soy sauce
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 packets (200g each) broccoli stems, blanched
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped cashews
- Fresh coriander
- Sliced radishes
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine hoisin, honey and soy sauce.
- Toss chicken in mixture and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on a baking tray.
- Season lightly and bake for 45-55 minutes, brushing regularly with marinade. (Once meat is cooked, marinade will become sticky and dark on the skin.)
- Toss broccoli in sesame oil.
- Serve chicken quarters on a bed of broccoli, scattered with handfuls of sesame seeds, cashews, coriander and radish slices.
COOK’S NOTE: Can’t find chicken leg quarters? No problem – use a combination of drumsticks and thighs, and reduce cooking time by 5-8 minutes.