Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- ½ cup (125ml) medium cream sherry or stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- ½ cup (125ml) light soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10ml) sesame oil
- 2 star anise
- 4cm knob ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 medium brinjals, halved and scored
- Sliced spring onion
- Sliced red chilli
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sesame oil
- Cooked jasmine rice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Place brinjals cut-side down into an ovenproof dish (they should fit quite snuggly).
- Pour over sauce.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then turn brinjals and roast for 10-15 minutes more or until soft and sticky.
- Arrange brinjals in serving bowls, drizzle with sauce (from the dish) and top with spring onion and chilli.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over rice and serve with brinjals.