Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- Salt and milled pepper
- 500g beef strips (or steak, cut into strips)
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) cornflour
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) canola oil
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 2cm knob ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) oyster sauce
- ½ Tbsp (8ml) sesame oil
- Stir-fried greens and rice or noodles, for serving
- Season beef well.
- Toss beef and water together, then coat in cornflour.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan until very hot and almost smoking.
- Add beef and fry for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir for a few seconds.
- Add oyster sauce and sesame oil and briefly cook until sauce covers all ingredients.
- Serve with stir-fried greens and rice or noodles.