Less than 30 minutes (plus setting time)
Makes about 16 portions
- 1½ cups (300g) xylitol
- ½ cup (125g) butter, cubed
- 1½ packets (150g) pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 packets (100g each) mixed nuts, toasted
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat butter over low heat until it just starts to melt.
- Add xylitol and stir until butter is completely melted and xylitol has dissolved.
- Allow mixture to cook for about 12-15 minutes, stirring continuously so it does not separate. (If using a candy thermometer, take it to hard crack stage 146°-154°C.)
- Remove from heat.
- Scatter half the toasted seeds and nuts onto baking tray.
- Pour over the caramel and top with remaining seeds and nuts.
- Allow to set completely before breaking into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2-3 weeks.