Less than 30 minutes (plus chilling time)
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) castor sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 star anise
- 1 bottle (750ml) red wine
- ¼ cup (60ml) gin or white rum
- Juice (60ml) of 2 limes
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, halved
- 1 punnet (250g) raspberries
- 3-4 peaches, cubed
- 3 cups (750ml) lemonade or soda water
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Heat sugar syrup ingredients and simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Cool and strain.
- Combine syrup, red wine, gin, lime juice and fruit in a jug.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours to infuse and chill.
- Top mixture with lemonade or soda water and ice just before serving.
- Serve garnished with mint.