Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) canola oil
- 2 packets (500g) boerewors
- 2 rolls (400g each) puff pastry
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 egg yolk, whisked
- Heat oil in a pan and fry sausage until cooked through (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat, prick with a fork to release excess fat and cool completely.
- Roll out pastry on a floured surface to 3mm thick.
- Cut each roll into 6 rectangles.
- Cut sausage into 12 pieces to fit pastry rectangles.
- Place a piece of sausage on one end of each rectangle, fold pastry over and press sides closed with a fork.
- Brush with egg and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until pastry is golden.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.