Less than 30 minutes
Makes about 1½ cups
- ¼ cup (60ml) peanuts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8cm knob grated ginger
- 2 punnets (20g each) fresh basil and coriander,
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) each sesame oil and rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey or sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) fish sauce
- Salt and milled pepper
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 2 limes
- Combine peanuts, garlic, ginger, herbs and chilli in a food processor.
- Add sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, honey or sugar, and fish sauce.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Season and stir in juice and grated peel of the limes.
- Spoon pesto into a jar, top with a thin layer of oil (to prevent discoloration) and seal.
- Store in fridge for up to two weeks.