Less than 30 minutes
Makes 1 tart case
Share with friends
- 2 cups (300g) flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme, chopped, or 1 tsp (5ml) dried Italian mixed herbs
- 1 cup (250g) ice-cold butter, cubed
- ½ cup (125g) plain cream cheese or sour cream
- Combine flour, salt and herbs in a bowl or food processor.
- Add butter and use your fingertips to rub it into the flour (or pulse in a food processor) until it resembles large breadcrumbs.
- Add cream cheese or sour cream and mix until a ball of pastry forms.
- Shape into a disc, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Blind bake pastry first for quiches or tarts, or place raw on top of pie filling and bake for a savoury lid.