Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 3cm knob fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 stick lemongrass, bruised (optional)
- Oil, for frying
- 1 packet (150g) shimeji mushrooms, thinly sliced (portobello or button mushrooms work well too)
- 10 sprigs coriander, leaves picked and stalks reserved
- 1 packet (100g) tom yum paste
- 1 packet (50g) tomato paste
- 8 cups (2L) boiling water
- 1 Tbsp (15m) fish sauce
- Juice (30ml) of 1 lime or ½ lemon
- 1 large packet (500g) baby marrows, spiralised or cut into matchsticks
- 2 packets (125g each) sugar snap peas
- 6-8 boiled eggs, halved
- Sliced red chilli, lime or lemon wedges and sliced spring onion, for serving (optional)
- Fry ginger and lemongrass in a large pot for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ½ the mushrooms, a handful coriander stalks, tom yum paste, tomato paste and water.
- Boil for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir through fish sauce and lime or lemon juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide baby marrow, sugar snap peas and the remaining mushrooms between 4 bowls.
- Ladle over soup and top with eggs and coriander leaves.