Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp (3ml) dried thyme
- Glug olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp (10ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 packet (400g) puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 egg yolk, whisked
- 1 disc (60g) feta
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Sauté onion and thyme in olive oil over a low heat until soft and golden.
- Add garlic, sugar and vinegar and cook for a minute. Set aside.
- Roll pastry slightly thinner and score a 2cm border all around.
- Prick pastry base all over with a fork (this allows the steam to escape so that the crust doesn’t puff up in the oven).
- Spread onions over base and arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, on top.
- Season and brush edges with egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Blitz feta and milk until fluffy and drizzle over tart.
- Serve tart scattered with basil.