Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 punnets (200g each) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) smoked paprika
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) each cumin seeds and chilli flakes
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1½ cups (375ml) plain double-cream yoghurt
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- Handful baby spinach
- 4-8 eggs
- Salt and milled pepper
- Toasted pitas or crusty bread, for serving
- Fry mushrooms in a dry pan over high heat until well browned. Set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and sauté onion for 5-8 minutes or until golden.
- Add garlic, thyme, sesame seeds, spices, lemon juice and peel.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often, to create a flavoured oil.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine flavoured oil with yoghurt and milk.
- Layer yoghurt mixture, mushrooms and spinach into four 8cm ramekins.
- Make an indent in the mixture with a spoon and break an egg (or two) into each. Season.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes at 170ºC until egg white is cooked.
- Serve warm with pitas or bread on the side.