Less than 45 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 800g lamb or beef mince
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) each paprika and ground coriander
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) sumac or juice (30ml) of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground cloves
- ½ punnet (10g) coriander or parsley, chopped
- Salt and milled pepper
- Bamboo skewers (pre-soaked in water)
- 2 tubs (120g each) PnP hummus
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 discs (190g) feta, crumbled
- 1 tub (100g) pomegranate rubies
- Handful fresh parsley, mint and toasted flatbreads, for serving
- Mix all the ingredients for the koftas together. Season.
- Divide into 8-12 even portions and wrap meat around bamboo skewers.
- Place koftas in a folding braai grid and grill over medium coals until cooked through.
- Spread hummus on a platter.
- Toss together remaining ingredients, except flatbreads, and sprinkle over hummus.
- Serve with toasted flatbreads and skewers placed on the side.