Less than 1 hour
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) canola oil
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) PnP crushed garlic & ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) each coriander seeds and nigella seeds (optional)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) honey
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) raisins
- 3 oranges, segmented
- Cooked rice and lentil mix
- Handful fresh mint
- Heat oil in a pot and fry chicken pieces to brown the skin (don’t overcrowd the pan).
- Season well, remove chicken and set aside.
- Fry onion in the same pot until soft and golden.
- Add garlic and ginger, seeds and cinnamon, and fry for another minute.
- Stir in orange juice, honey and raisins and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot with some orange segments (keep a few aside for serving).
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced.
- Serve on a bed of rice and lentils, garnished with mint and orange segments.