More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2 cups (500ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1-2 fresh chillies, chopped
- 6 thin slices fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground turmeric
- 2 tsp (10ml) yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cardamom
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- Pinch milled pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8-10 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
Nice to have:
- A few slices cured meat
- Mature cheeses of choice
- Place all ingredients (except onion and eggs) in a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place onion and eggs in a jar, taking care not to squash the eggs.
- Pour cooled liquid into jar, adding more water if needed.
- Cool to room temperature, seal and refrigerate.
- Pickle overnight or longer if not using immediately.
- Serve with cured meats, mature cheeses and crackers, if you like.