Less than 15 minutes (excluding infusing time)
Makes about 2 cups
Share with friends
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ½ cup (125ml) sugar
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- Pulp of 2-3 granadillas
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract or essence
- 1 cup (250ml) rum
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in lime peel and granadilla pulp, then remove from heat and cool.
- Add vanilla and rum and strain mixture into a glass bottle.
- Seal bottle and leave to infuse for a day or two, or up to a week if time allows.
- Serve as is over ice, or diluted with soda water.
Good idea: Don’t have rum? This works well with an amber or orange flavoured gin too. No alcohol? Simply serve this syrup with soda water or ginger ale for a alcohol-free cocktail.