Less than 45 minutes
- Glug vegetable oil
- 1 onion, puréed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5ml) each garam masala, curry powder and ground cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) tomato purée
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 can (400g) coconut cream
- 2 packets (200g each) PnP coconut curry tofu, broken into chunks
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) cornflour
- 1 Tbsp (15m) garam masala
- Tomato and onion sambal
- Rotis, naan or rice
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger and fry for a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in all the spices and fry for another minute.
- Add tomato purée and water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes. Season.
- Mix cornflour and garam masala, and toss tofu in mixture to coat well, shaking off excess.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan on medium heat and fry tofu until golden and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Toss tofu through butter curry sauce and serve with sambal and rotis, naan or rice.